The Weekend is fast approaching and your urge for trying new things is getting to you, you’re a gamer but it’s dry season so nothing worthwhile is really out there at the moment. Or so you think, if you’re one for exciting strategy games then World of Warships is for you. A naval warfare simulator that rewards strategy and prizes creativity, World of Warships has built a name for itself based on its exciting battle at sea, lore, and emphasis on strategy.
But is the hype worth it? and should this be your next gaming adventure? Lets Find out in this review!
What is World of Warships- The Ocean Beckons
World of Warships is a fan-favorite strategy-based naval battle simulator with a creative twist. It offers a setting that ranges from the 1900s to the 1950s. Exploring a unique period in the world's history where major powers found themselves slated against each other. A period when major turns in history occurred, and the face of global politics changed forever. Cementing alliances and enmities alike still ring true in the 21st century. It allows you to manipulate a range of battleships like - Cruisers, Destroyers, aircraft carriers, and battleships on which we will elaborate.
Factions to Play as
World of Warships coveted naval battles happening with several global powers in the fray. You have an assortment of choices to choose from. To demonstrate the stunning range of options, we have listed below the different nations you can choose from -
- • USSR - A power to reckon with, the USSR (a confederation of Russia and neighboring countries in the Caucasus regions that extended from the Kazakh mountains to the land of modern-day Azerbaijan) was at the peak of its power in this period. This strength was reflected in their militaristic capabilities the most, with a feared military and an even more feared navy. USSR is a powerful ally to accompany. And definitely, a rival to avoid.
- • Japan - Known to be a society that placed death before dishonor, the land of Samurais, Katanas, and high honor wasn't to trifle with. Boasting a military completely within the sway of the emperor, willing to go to any lengths to ensure victory. The land of the rising sun offers a fearsome navy and a capable lineup of war-ready ships that historically achieved great victories at sea.
- • U.S.A - A modern military that at every juncture of history boasted bleeding edge technology, the U.S navy is the most adaptable to warfare in any scenario. Always prepared, rarely defeated. The U.S. enables you to rain destruction over long distances with fully-capable long-range destruction capabilities.
- • U.K. - The empire on which the sun never sets, The U.K. has always been a global power, with its formidable empire spreading from the historical land of India to the reaches of Africa. The British Empire was a big mover and shaker in modern history's grandest conflicts. It waged war with an elite military, inclusive of the Royal Navy, that saw many victories in the diverse theatres of war it entered.
- • Germany - Adaptable and formidable would be the best way to describe the naval capabilities of Germany, pioneers of the U-Boats. There are very few that can rival the destructive might of the Germans. Fewer still could subdue their stealthy and beyond-enemy-line operations. Add their ability to roll with the blows, and you have a dangerously effective combination.
- • France - Representing a nation of artistic inclinations and scientific temperaments, France was a global power that became the face of resistance. And effective warfare. Boasting powerful artillery, a more than capable lineup of ships ready to face adversity, and in a way characteristic classically associated with the French, triumph through all odds.
- • Pan-Asia - A term that refers to counties such as Indonesia, the Peoples' Republic of China, Thailand, and South Korea, with such a variety of powers, the style of war brought to the table also varies greatly. Amalgamating the best contemporary and classic battle tactics to create a mighty confederation of navies. Ready to protect and serve the land they hold so dear.
- • Italy - A nation at the forefront of science and invention since its inception, it has led innovation. The same is true for their Navy as well. Packing innovative equipment and pleasing aesthetics, the Italian Navy packs a pretty punch.
- • Commonwealth- The land from down under played a very active role in both world wars. The game represents the navies of Australia, New Zealand, and Canada under the high-flying banner of the Commonwealth nations.
- • Pan America - A region of Spanish-speaking peoples, the Americas played a more subdued role in this period. However, that is not to say they didn't contribute to history-defining moments. Taking an active part in the World Wars, their Naval capabilities were in a class of their own.
- • Europe - The European countries not represented rally under this banner. Giving players the opportunity to use stealthy battle tactics and a more subtle way to approach Naval warfare.
|EXPERIENCE EPIC WALFARE →
Battle at Sea- The Different Ships to Choose From
Warships are the bread and butter of the World of Warships, its core gameplay element. WoW boasts a range of ships offering something unique with each one.
- • Destroyers - For those favoring a light-footed and heavy-handed style, destroyers offer the most sneaky and effective options to wage a silent war that results in big results through torpedos, speed, and a lot of stealth.
- • Cruisers - For those who wish to defend and hold their positions, Cruisers are perfect. With high rates of fire, Anti-Aircraft Guns, and versatility. Cruisers offer deadly efficiency.
- • Battleships - The drums of war bellow as the battleship enters, a proud and uncompromising machine built for the destruction of the enemy. Battleships offer a truly unrivaled firepower capability.
- • Aircraft Carriers - The perfect recon and strategy vessel, the humble Air Craft Carriers offer a landing and takeoff pad for air-based warfare. Serving as a hub of fighter jet deployment.
WoW is nothing if not versatile. It offers a conducive environment for strategy, last-minute analysis, and making decisions that will alter the course of the battle at a moment's notice, as a general would. Dynamic weather brings in an unpredictable element and turns into the battle that will be sure to have you thinking on your feet.
World of Warship Reviews- An Analysis of Trustpilot Reviews
A versatile offering, World of Warships is a fan-favorite for players who love strategy-based games that fuel their lust for immersive battle. A search on TrustPilot will reveal that the game is well-liked. Naturally, there are critical voices that point out faulty matchmaking and a high skill ceiling. Additionally, the community finds that the developers do not at times pay heed to their feedback which can be slightly frustrating.
WoW- Paid or Free?
World of Warships is not a paid game, it requires you to download it from the WoW site with the option of a subscription to access its full range of amazing services.
Start Your Journey Today- The Conclusion
World of Warships has created a reputation that stands tall amongst its strategy-based peers. With WoW, you get access to an impressively expansive arsenal of ships and factions that participated in World War 2 as you re-write history and create your own legend on the seas.
Start your journey and let the carnage begin, the seas await you!